tlbb

Change the Way you watch TV Forever!

Author Topic: FAQ's - Please check here before posting  (Read 8063 times)

Bubble

FAQ's - Please check here before posting
« on: September 28, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »
We'll be updating this page with the most frequently asked questions as and when we receive them.

I've got a blank screen on my TLBBv2
There are two symptoms that can cause this, it may be that your TV is incompatible with the v.2.0 firmware (this is still being worked on by the dev team) or it may be you've not followed the instructions for first time setup with the new v.2.0 firmware, full details of how to fix can be found here.

How do I update or downgrade the firmware?
In our firmware section you'll find a thread explaining exactly how to updgrade or downgrade, this can be done via the on screen menu in the TLBB skin or if for whatever reason that isn't working you can easily do a manual firmware upgrade/downgrade. Full details here.

The remote control isn't working (basic remote)
If you're using the basic remote (without the keyboard) make sure the TLBB unit is in line of sight - this is an infrared remote and the device has to be in an unobstructed view for the signal to be received. Also as this is an IR remote please try to keep the device away from any backlighting you may have on the TV as this has been known to interfere with IR signals.

The remote control isn't working (deluxe keyboard version)
If you're using the deluxe remote that has the keyboard on the back you need to pair the remote with the device. To achieve this you must hold the remote as close to the TLBB as possible then press and hold down the 1 + 9 buttons until the led light stops flashing, once the flashing has stopped the remote should be paired.

Can I switch the unit on via the remote control?
A popular request after the release of the V1 units was to have the option to wake the unit from standby mode via the remote, we're pleased to say this has been introduced on the V2 units (standard IR remotes only and not the dual sided RF).

Can I install new skins and addons, if so how?
Yes we deliberately haven't locked the unit down as we believe it should be up to the end user to decide what content they want on it. There are TLBB addons pre-installed that make it very simple to install a variety of addons but as the unit isn't locked down you also have the option to install the Total Installer which acts as an app store for XBMC. Full details of how to install can be found on the totalxbmc.tv website.

Can I use the unit in my country?
All TLBB units are designed to be fully compatible no matter which country you live in, if you're going to use the device for streaming online content you will need sufficient internet download speeds. Every country has different laws so please make sure you check the legality of addons in your country before installing them.

What internet download speed is recommended?
That really does depend on what type of content you want to stream. If you only want to stream SD content then we would recommend a minimum of 4mbps but in reality you should be able to get away with 2.5mpbs, however it really depends on the quality of the stream. If you want to view HD content then we would recommend a minimum of 10mbps but obviously the higher the number the better, it really does depend on what quality the video is being streamed at - some true HD streams may require considerably more.

I'm getting a script error when trying to use an addon
This is completely unrelated to the hardware, please post in the relevant section. If it's a TLBB branded addon (such as the update service) then you can post details here. If it's a third party or xbmc.org addon please post on the relevant forum where you'll get assistance directly from the addon developers. If you can't find the relevant forum where the addon is officially supported you'll find the team at totalxbmc.tv are very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to such matters.

How can I restore the device to the default factory settings?
It may be that you've installed third party addons that are slowing down the device, getting random errors due to incompatibilities or were messing around with the settings and now want the unit back to how it was when you first received it. Luckily a factory reset will fix all of that and it's very simple to do, full details can be found here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:44:16 AM by Bubble »

jodyellis

• View Profile
Re: FAQ's - Please check here before posting
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 06:31:27 AM »
Hi- please help, I bought tlbb hoping I could watch movies, sports channels and tv channels and get rid of my sky. We set it up last night and there does not seem to be hardly any movies on there and seem unable to add on tv channels. I am sure this is what it is meant for??

nikfotino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »
i am trying to download the zip in order to install the firmware manualy, but the link doesnt work, it seems there is no DNS server to extract info from

bernardet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »
Hi,
I just bought a V8 and I cannot turn on the box with my remote (although turning it off works pretty well). I read topics on this issue but only for dual sided remotes (RF remotes). Mine is a single sided (IR remote), the one delivered with the device. It is pretty annoying. Can someone please help on that issue?